Any website will give the highest priority to monitor and improve the speed of its web pages. You need to know that the ranking algorithm’s important part is page speed as per the official statement given by Google. Visitor retention, bounce rate and page speed are directly correlated with each other. For improving the performance of marketing in every aspect, it is very crucial to improve the page speed. The today’s marketers are facing a very big challenge of how to increase the speed of the web pages of their websites. Now I am going to tell you how to improve the page speed for more traffic and conversions.
1. By optimizing images – The speed of the webpage gets degraded if in the webpage we include bulky images of highest quality. As compared to the smaller files the download time of larger files is more. If on the speed of a website you want to reduce the images’ negative impact then you need to follow some best practices of image-optimization:
- Include only a few images – Use as fewer images as possible so as to improve the speed of the web page.
- Compress the images – It will be good if we allow a 60-70 % compression in JPGs.
3. Using as few plugins as possible – Around 80 plugins are carried by websites that are so popular. By taking the help of plugins the manual coding can be avoided successfully. Font tools, website stats, profile tools and gravatar are a number of features that are unnecessary and attractive too. For adding these features, you need to take the help of plugins. The performance of a website gets degraded if it uses a large number of plugins. So, try to use as less number of plugins as possible.
5. Leverage a content delivery network – Accessing the site will be more reliable and faster if the users take the help of data centers that are geographically diverse. These data centers carry your website’s copies. With this the content’s load that is going to be delivered can be distributed with the help of a server’s network known as content delivery network.
For building custom websites it will be good for you to contact a web development company.